Support of present and newly arising umbrella associations, networks, platforms and their members to effectively represent and enforce common needs and towards public and municipality administration, private sector, or the general public. We seek entities strengthening skills and competences of their members and mapping their needs, defining justifications for cultural advocacy and cooperating on a national as well as European level. The second open call reacts also on functional changes caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Financial Support Focuses on:
professionalization of professional umbrella organizations, networks and platforms in any art disciplines,
development and endorsement of skills and competences in the management, leadership, fundraising and new business models, etc.,
mapping the needs of selected artistic participants and disciplines (e.g in the form of research, data collection, studies, analyses and other surveys) with the aim to articulate arguments for cultural policy and cultural advocacy in arts,
working with the audience and setting of strategic measures relevant for the field(s) of art (not for one organization only),
endorsement and promotion of cooperation on the national and European level (with corresponding counterparts form Donor states), including the exchange of information and know-how (seminars, webinars, workshops, studies, research etc.).
It is advisable to design activities to be flexible and adjustable to the current pandemic situation at the time of their organization (e.g. online meetings, webinars, workshops, conferences, festivals).
On What Conditions?
Applicant can be only a subject registered as umbrella association, network and/or platform in the area of professional contemporary arts (legal persons established in the Czech Republic or international organizations active in the Czech Republic).
The support is not for exclusive support of operational costs.
Minor investments (e.g. purchase of technical equipment) necessary for project implementation up to 15% of all eligible expenditures.
The projects must not generate profit throughout the implementation period. However, we support cultural entrepreneurship and generated income can be used in line with the rules of the Programme.
Activities shall take place in the Czech Republic and/or the territory of the Donor states.
Max. 90% of total eligible costs.
Grant size: EUR 10,000 – 50,000 / 60,000 in case of bilateral cooperation.
What Stands Out?
- Innovation and originality;
- Impact on general public and development of the field;
- Cooperation within one field as well as across various art disciplines;
- Cooperation with Donor states (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
- First call closed on 15. 4. 2020.
- Second call planned in 4-7/2021 with expected start of projects in 2/2022.
- Deadline for all projects is 30 April 2024.
- General Information about the Capacity Building of Umbrella Associations, Networks and Platforms: Capacity building - general infoPDF (612kB)
- List of Supported Projects in First Call: Final results - Capacity BuildingPDF (398kB)
- Overview of supported projects and their details
- Introduction of the Programme Culture on 28. 5. 2019 (Opening Conference)